Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

It was my birthday yesterday (3/13) and I had so much fun! It was great being able to spend the day with friends and family. I did go to work, but took a little time off to supervise the installation of our new kitchen appliances!! We received a new refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, and microwave. Not a bad birthday present I would say. Then of course my day was filled with many "Happy Birthday!!"s, Bart treating me like a queen, and a wonderful dinner provided by Dad & Mom Hatch. We ate at the restaurant in the Millennium Resort where Bart works. Here is a picture of the dinner party:


Grannie and Papa were able to celebrate my birthday with us. It was so great!



And this was our view:




Isn't it beautiful?! I loved it so much that I decided to wander off and take more pictures. The grounds of the Millennium are so beautiful!











Almost everyone at our table chose the Sea bass entree (which was highly recommended by the waiter), while I boldly chose the steak (very well done to Bart's dismay).

After dinner Bart and I played Mario Kart Wii with my parental units. Is it weird that my parents are better than me at a video game? The end result was Bart barely beating my dad for first place (by one point!!) and my mom kicking me off the podium into fourth place (again, I'm speechless that my parents have embraced this game). There was no mercy...not even for the birthday girl.

Well, that was my wonderful birthday. It can't get much better than that.

All the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment