Saturday, November 28, 2009

Memory Lane

Memory Lane was open for me all this weekend while I was cleaning out our second bedroom for baby Jack (thanks Bernadette for the help!!). I was able to look through a bunch of old things (ie: journals, photos, quotes, clothes, etc.) I had acquired over the years. So here is a little glimpse of the great memories I happened to stroll upon.

A photo:

Our first Thanksgiving together as a married couple.
November 2007


And a poem I fell in love with...again:


People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self centered.
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

--Mother Teresa--

I had a really great (and much needed) break. I'm glad I was able to spend it with some great moments of my past...and hopefully I have many more to come.

All the Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment