Friday, January 28, 2011

Howdy Y'all!


So I'm planning Jack-Jack's first birthday party.


Theme:
Cowboy/Western


Colors:
Red
Brown


Outfit (for Jack):


Cowboy Hat
Cowboy Boots
Jeans


Games:
Horseshoes
"Pin the Tail on the Donkey"
Pinata


Decorations:
Balloons
Streamers


Gift Bags:
Bandana
Sheriff Star
Cowboy Candy (?)

I have only gotten this far because my great friend Bernadette has helped me...a lot (like 90% of these ideas were from her). But my dilemma??

I do not own a single piece of western/cowgirl clothing.

And since I'm encouraging everyone to dress up, then I better be. But where in the world can I find boots and a cowboy hat? And what kind of shirt?? Flannel? I know this sounds ridiculous.....but I'm in need of some help here. Western is completely out of my sphere.

Any suggestions?

Also, any tips/ideas to go along with the party theme would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. So did I tell you that the feed store down the road from me is also like a mini market for western things? It can't hurt to look at what they have....I saw a few cute cowgirl shirts I wanted to buy....you should come check it out when I go and get the horseshoe winner prize! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest birthday theme ever! Jack and you should come rock your western gear at the Houston rodeo :)

    Although I only know where to get Cowgirl gear here in Houston so I am no help on that, I do know that around here anything with cowboy boots and hats qualifies as cowgirl including linen dresses and cute patterned skirts or jeans with plain white tshirts.

    Take tons pictures, I can't wait to see the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete