Monday, January 10, 2011

My Days

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

-Annie Dillard


Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that these individual days that go by, string together to make up my life.

For example: My Jack.


Day by day I have seen him sleep, play, roll over, scoot, crawl, stand, walk. String those together and I have an 11 month old boy who I can hardly keep up with now. I think about how fast he is growing up and these thoughts roll through my mind: did I spend enough quality time with him today? Does he know how much I love him? Does he know how much I love his daddy? Did he see me happy today?

Unfortunately....he hasn't seen this lately.

Sometimes I get caught up in the day-to-day routine that I don't enjoy the life around me. So, this next week I am going to try and enjoy my life and the things I do, instead of feeling guilty and frustrated about the things I don't do. Let's see how I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment