Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Family Outing

I'll give you three guesses as to where we were last Saturday:







OK, so the last one doesn't really help, but you get the idea.


Altadena Park
10.15.2011

That's right, our little family took a visit to Altadena park to take photos of this cute boy:

but more on those photos later...
(don't worry Lauran, they're almost done!)

You know this park took me on a trip down memory lane, again. My elementary school, Gold Dust Elementary, was right next to this park....and we would walk here all the time. I also had a birthday party here. But to tell you the truth, it was getting a little too much love from kids (aka: worn down), even back in the day. So when I stepped onto the property with my baby boy, it seemed like a whole different park. They have a nice, new playground and a sweet looking splash pad. We'll have to make another trip back with it's hotter-than-hades outside.

The first thing Bart loved was the sand digging machines. I have never seen these before, but they looked really cool. You'd have to be coordinated to use them though, which counted me out. Jack seemed to approve.




And then Jack had to take a ride on this bad boy:

If it has four wheels, Jack wants it. He's his daddy's boy.

Next we explored the splash pad. As of October 1st it had closed down until May. I guess they didn't get the memo that we'll still be enjoying 90 degree weather until the end of October.

Lucky us.



And then it was time to rest and drink some water. Oh yes, it was definitely over 90 degrees that day.



Pondering and playing are daily occurrences with Jack. He loves to stare (we're working on that) and think about what he's seeing. I'm always wondering what he's thinking about...I can't wait until he can actually tell me. Then I was able to snap these beauties before my other subject came:



Seriously, how did I get so lucky??
Not sure, but no complaints here.

We had such a fun time, especially visiting with an old high school buddy and his wonderful wife. And their cutie of course.


These are the times I cherish, and hope to be spoiled with many more just like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment