Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Change is Good

Unfortunately I have a hard time adjusting to change, no matter how good it is for me.

For example: I was released from Young Woman in my ward.

You have no idea how sad I was that Sunday. I have been feeling awful these past couple of months because I haven't been the best Y.W. leader ever, due to lack of time in my day...and the whole "becoming a new mother" business. Mutual was last on my list when I would get home from work at 6:00 pm and still need to make dinner and spend time with Jack. So, needless to say I felt like a failure.

But, instead of throwing a pity party I have decided to turn over a new leaf and try my best at my new calling, which I will be starting on Sunday (spoiler alert for those in my ward!!):

Sunday School Teacher for the 12 /13 year olds.

I have to say I'm pretty excited. I get to teach some of the Y.W., of whom I am missing terribly, and I get to teach every Sunday (which was not the case in my last calling). As much as I'm stressing about teaching every week, I can't wait to get up there and actually start giving the lesson.

So, here's to change...may I embrace it with a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment