Sunday, September 5, 2010

Vacation Part II: The Beach

To break up our Disneyland adventures, we decided to go to the Santa Monica beach. It was Jack-Jack's first time at the beach, and it didn't go quite as well as I was expecting. By this time, Jack was being a little grouchy (who could blame him, poor thing. His longest nap during the trip was probably 30 minutes long) and of course, the wind was making it really cold. But the views were really nice:









When we finally trekked ourselves to the perfect spot we were able to set-up the umbrella, chairs, and towels. I have to say, I loved the umbrella:




Once we finally got settled in, Jack decided he was hungry. Don't let the above picture fool you, he was not a happy camper. I had a stroke of genius right before our trip and decided to buy a portable bottle warmer to heat up Jack's bottles (which came in very handy). While I was trying to calm the angry baby down, Bart was able to walk back up to the Santa Monica Pier, find an outlet in the Arcade, and heat up a bottle for Jack. He came back down, Jack ate, and all was well again.

Bart was able to relax






While Jack and I bundled him up so we wouldn't freeze


(Don't you just love the boogery nose...)


I was able to get Jack asleep (until some random lady started screaming on the top of her lungs and woke him up), which only lasted approx 20 minutes. But in the end, Bart was able to play in the water, Jack was able to see the beach for the first time, and we did not get sunburned.
Pretty successful I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment