Sunday, September 5, 2010

Vacation Part I: Disneyland and California Adventure

Bart and I love Disneyland. We have gone to Disneyland almost every year since we've been married. That being said, we really wanted to take Jack-Jack in order to share our obsession.

Bart was able to score a sweet deal at the Millennium Hotel in Los Angeles, so we went with our really good friends, Paul and Bernadette (P & B for short) and set out on a nice little vacation. Destination: Disneyland. P & B love Disneyland just as much as we do, so it made the trip even better. We spent a total of three days in California, two days at Disneyland and California Adventure, with a day at the beach in between. The only time I think Jack will ever see me act immature would be at Disneyland.

The Classic Picture



Jack and I mainly hung out together...he was so good in the stroller that sometimes I forgot he was there. I can already tell he's just as fascinated with Disneyland as I am.


This was Jack pretty much the whole time: looking around everywhere with a smile on his face.



We pretty much visited the following areas...and stayed there almost the whole time:







And I have to say, this was Jack's very first ride: pretty fitting.




About mid-afternoon Jack and I rested while Bart, Paul, and Bernadette rode Indiana Jones. We then stopped to watch one of the many Parades.


Bernadette and I...



...with a tired Jack


Unfortunately all of his naps only lasted 20 to 30 minutes max. The vacation was a little rough on his nap routine.

After the parade we high-tailed it over to New Orleans Square to visit the secret entrance to Club 33, Tiana from The Princess and the Frog, and dinner at the Blue Bayou. I have always wanted to eat there since my first day in Disneyland. The food was so good, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

One of the many beautiful spots in Disneyland that you have to search for to discover (In New Orleans Square).







Jack at the Blue Bayou


And so we wrapped up Day One with more rides, food, and fun. We ended up leaving the park around 10:00 pm, which made our stay about 13 hours long.


Day Three of our vacation was spent in California Adventure and Disneyland.



I have to say I love Disneyland a lot more than California Adventure. Don't get me wrong, California Adventure is great, but the rides are too scary for me (I'm a wimp when it comes to amusement park rides). Somehow Bart was able to persuade Bernadette to ride California Screamin', without telling her they were going to be in the very front. She was such a trooper.








One thing I love about California Adventure is seeing all the different characters you can't find in Disneyland. For example:





After all our fun at California Adventure (including a terrifying experience on Tower of Terror for me) we went back to Disneyland for a couple more rides, dinner at the Hungry Bear, and ride around the park on the railroad.


Last picture in Disneyland in front of City Hall on Main Street.



We had such a fun time. So much so, that I wanted to buy a souvenir for Jack in remembrance of his first visit to Disneyland:




and you better believe I had his name embroidered on them


I just hope Jack will end up loving this place as much as his parents do.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post...Awesome pictuers...and Paul really loved all the pictures of Jack. We both chuckled at his mouse ears! I want to go back!! It was sooo much fun! You did MUCH better at getting pictures than I did. Almost all of mine are in the slide show. :( Next time right! (that's what I always say) So here is to NEXT year when Jack and Hayden can hang out together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ashlee, we just went too! too bad we didnt see eachother! i ran the half marathon sept 5 and we stayed 4 days to play! i love the mickey ears jack has, i got avery the minnie ones!! so funny

    ReplyDelete