Sunday, June 19, 2011

For My Bart.

Happy Father's Day to the guy who has blessed my life the most!



Here are a few things I love most about Bart:




1. He's a great dad.
Jack's whole being lights up when his dad walks into the room. Bart is definitely the "fun" parent, but he can and will discipline when necessary.




2. He's strong.
He can literally lift anything. In all the years we have been married, I haven't seen one thing he couldn't lift. But he's strong in more ways than one. Life can make you feel small really quick, but the strong ones bounce back. Bart has bounced back so many times that I've lost track...and I believe his testimony of the gospel has helped him with that as well.



3. He makes life worth living.


A few weeks before Bart and I were married I remember standing outside of his parent's house, talking over what our future life would be like. Before we parted ways for the night Bart gave me a big hug and said: "Ashlee, the one thing you need to know about me is that I like to make life worth living." Not a day has gone by since then that I haven't heard him laugh or enjoy some part of his day. He finds the good in everything, no matter how inconsequential. He's a genuinely happy person.




4. He doesn't sweat the small stuff.
I am horrible at this...it's definitely one of my weaknesses.
When I tell him of some trifle that I'm freaking out about at the moment he always asks: "So what's the big deal?" (He says this in a much nicer way of course). Every time he points this out, I always stand back and think, "you know...I have no idea". And then it's forgotten. He can see the bigger picture and know that the small problematic stuff doesn't matter in the long run.



5. He has patience like Job.
Especially with me.
I can drive anyone crazy (even myself sometimes), and for the most part he just goes with it.



6. He's friendly.
Bart makes a friend wherever he goes. He will strike up a conversation with a stranger, and literally 20 minutes later, have their phone number and a date set for hanging out. It amazes me every time I see this happen. He is a very likable guy.




7. He supports me.
Every idea I pass by him I always get a positive answer. It seems like everyday I do this and he always shakes his head in support. For example:

Ashlee: "Hey Bart, what do you think about me starting a garden?"
Bart: "Do it babe, I think it's a great idea."

Ashlee: "Hey honey, I really want to take some photography classes."
Bart: "I definitely think you should. You take great pictures."

Ashlee: "Hey baby what do you think about me riding my bike to work?"


Bart: "That would be great, we need to get you ready for it."

Even in the crazy ideas:

Ash: "Hey Bart, I want to become a preschool teacher and teach out of our house."
Bart: "Sure, dear. Whatever you want...?"



8. He's handsome.
He's just as studly-looking as the day I first met him.
This is why our little boy is so dang cute.




9. He's a handy man.

It is so nice having a handy man around the house. He can fix anything and everything. If he's never fixed it before, he can usually figure it out in 10 minutes. He has taken apart multiple automobiles (numerous times)...fixed the problem...and put them back together again. This boggles my mind. He can whip out shelves, a wooden box, or shooting targets like nobody's business. It's amazing.



10. He's my match in every way.

Seriously, it's like we're complete opposites...but in a perfect way.

I'm always serious.
He's so light-hearted.


I hold grudges.
He forgets any wrong against him the next day.


I try to save all our money.
He tries to spend all our money.

I'm "detail-oriented" (aka: anal).
He's "go with the flow".

I'm book smart.
He's common sense smart.

I'm stubborn.
He can admit he's wrong.

I'm shy and not a people-person.
He makes a friend wherever he goes.


You get the jist. Everything that I lack, he makes up for and vice versa.
We are a perfect match...that clashes from time to time. :)





As you can see I am very grateful for my husband and how he made his way into my life.



Bart, I know sometimes I may not act like it, but in the words of Michael Buble:

You're every line.

You're every word.

You're my everything.

I love you babe.

2 comments:

  1. :) love this. so sweet. reminds me of Chase and I because we are so opposite as well. And now I know Bart better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash: "Hey Bart, I want to become a preschool teacher and teach out of our house."
    Bart: "Sure, dear. Whatever you want...?"

    This must have been during an intense game of COD. Same thing happens with Ellie and I. I bet he won't remember saying that.

    ReplyDelete