Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jack-Jack Attack Update

My last two-week appointment was today, and to celebrate the doctor decided to check my cervix to see how I was progressing. So how am I doing?

Dilated: 2 cm Effaced: 50%

That's right ladies and gentleman, I am well into the early stages of labor. Depending on how active I am, I really think I can crank this baby out of me at anytime. But that's just the inexperienced pregnant lady speaking...who knows when Jack-Jack is really gonna come.

Speaking of my activity level, I've been doing absolutely nothing lately. Last Saturday and Sunday I was having contractions pretty close together (not to mention the ligaments below my stomach were killing me) so I had to take it easy. Since then I've had to shorten my work day (only by two hours...no biggie) and live out my nights lying on our couch so baby Jack can stay in my belly and fully develop (I'm barely hitting 37 weeks on Saturday). Let's just say my new best bud is Netflix (which is streamed through our Xbox).

So that's my life in a nutshell...lazy but great. Everything is still excellent with the pregnancy, and I couldn't be happier. :)

All the Best.

P.S. I found stretch marks on my stomach and I'm trying to be positive about it. Key word: trying.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love Netflix! That's pretty much all Chase and I watch. :) We've been going through LOST from season one, we're on season 4 now.
    and hurray! Jack is soon to be here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found stretch marks the last few weeks of my pregnancy too :(....but as I am sure you know in the end all the struggles and discomfort you go through in 9 months is TOTALLY worth it!! Can't wait to see your little man :)

    ReplyDelete