Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mommy (Panicking) Moment

Has anyone taken a look at Jack's countdown lately...cuz I sure haven't.

Until today that is.

How in the world do I only have 39 days left until Jack is going to be an official member of our family?! (and that's only if he decides to come on his due date and no sooner) Where did my nine months go (am I the only one who was jipped a month or two in my pregnancy)??

Usually I wouldn't worry about stuff like this, but there is no way I'm prepared to be Mommy right now. I don't even have baby Jack-Jack's bedding yet (although in my defense, bright color bedding with cars embroidered on it is very hard to come by these days...and I am not waivering from that theme), which again wouldn't be a big deal if I had a crib set up to put the bedding in. And don't even get me started on how I'm supposed to take care of and raise this little boy...I can hardly take care of myself right now.

Although, I'm not doing as bad as I think. For example: I have already pre-registered for our hospital, I'm about to call a pediatrician for when the little monkey is born, and Bart and I spent six (yes that's right, 6) hours in a basic birthing class on Saturday to gear us up for labor and delivery (at least now we know the signs of when I am in active labor). These have to be worth something, right??

So really, I'm just trying to relieve some of my stress and guilt (stupid procrastination) by writing this post. For those of you who are due around the same time as me...and are way more prepared...great job, and I hope you feel better about your situation as you read about mine. :)
All the Best!
P.S. I lied. I actually found Jack's bedding...it looks something like this:



But I just barely discovered it and I still have to buy it. And a BIG "thank you" must go out to my sister-in-law, Jessica and her mom, Jennifer for helping me find this bedding that fit my exact criteria. I am in love with it and hope it's still available.

4 comments:

  1. you are going to be just fine :) you have a loving family ( on both ends ) that will help whenever you need it. have no worries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad.....my son is 5 weeks old and I still don't have his crib bedding in yet :) You'll be great Ash, no need to stress.....yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash- You will be surprised at how much you really are prepared for. For the rest you have quite the large group of moms to call for help. You will be perfectly fine. Can't wait to meet him. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey some advice, you are never really prepared. Whether it is when they are born, when they learn to walk, heading off to school or any other fantastic milestones. Just enjoy every minute of them when they are here and they will have learned the most important thing - they are loved by You!
    Good luck,love your cousin

    ReplyDelete