Friday, June 12, 2009

Adventures in "Bart Week".

Bart turned 24 on May 26th (I know it's a little late...don't get me started) and we had a great time celebrating (see below pictures for details). You see, if Bart was ordinary, we would only celebrate his birthday on his actual date of birth, but Bart is not ordinary. And because Bart is not ordinary, we celebrate his birthday for one full week, which is called "Bart Week". So here were some of the many adventures we had that week (that I could document at least).

May 25: Family Party with the Hatches

Bart's birthday cake (compliments of Connie)


The "wrist rocket" the Mikos' gave him.


The sweet cufflinks Shane & Jessica gave him.


The very cool "smart pen" his parents and Hilary gave him.


May 26: The final day of 'Bart Week'

Bart did make a special request for his birthday...he wanted breakfast in bed. The dilemma was that Bart had to be at work at 5:30 am (Bart works for his Dad's construction company in the summer...and they start early). So like a good little wifey I got up at 4:00 am and made French Toast and scrambled eggs for him.

The result of my labors in the kitchen.


Bart eating his meal while still half asleep.


The finished plate.


After work I told Bart we could do whatever he wanted to do for the rest of his birthday.

It included:

and


He loved them both.


What was his present from me you might ask?

(I know, I know...what was I thinking.)

I think he had a satisfying birthday. Until next year when I have to do it all over again (yikes!).

All the Best.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of xbox from the wife's point of view. ugh. Although, I think Andy enjoys it too since all he does is play online with bart! lol.

    ReplyDelete