Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Figured Out the Secret...

...the secret that all the bike riders have kept from us outsiders. But before I share the secret with you, I want to give you some background.

I never really noticed them until I really started riding my bike. But a few months ago (when I really started to ride my bike a lot) I saw all the bikers heading south on 56th street. Bart and I live on 58th St. and Bell, so we take 56th St. for almost everywhere we need to go...family's houses, church, Paul and Bernadette's house (which will end soon when they move to Surprise :( ). And everytime we are on 56th St., we always see two to three bikers. I have always wondered what in the world is so great about 56th Street? Then today I decided (as I was getting my bike out to go exercise) that I would find out what was so special about it.

It turns out that 56th St. is very nice for bikers. There is a bike lane all the way down to Shea, that makes it very convienent. So I figured this must have been it...then I went past Shea Blvd. Guess what I found over there (besides gigantic houses):

I was astounded. Now usually I do not resort to taking pictures with my cell phone (I couldn't resist) so of course this picture doesn't do the scenery justice...but WOW.

The greenery stretched on for miles, but I couldn't go explore because:

I would be trespassing if I did (sigh).

Well, at least I discovered the secret. As I was leaving this piece of heaven to go home I passed another biker coming in. He waved and I thought I saw a wink. :) What a wonderful way to start out my day.

All the Best.

2 comments:

  1. You could have gone past the sign and explored. You just have to act like you belong there. :) And you can still take 56th st to get to us...56th to the 101! :) Have fun at Jessica's party tonight! Let me know if you get done early and want to hang out or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS....for goodness sakes I need to long in as me...I'm going to bane Paul from using my computer log in!!!! This makes THREE times I've posted as him!! HUSBANDS!

    ReplyDelete