Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Hero.

For Father's Day my sisters and I wrote a letter my dad and put it in a picture frame for his office (along the same lines as my mom's gift). Below is the letter I wrote to my dad:


Dad,

In my life I have come to find that a hero can do extraordinary things:


  1. He would risk his life for the community.

  2. He does his job without pay.

  3. He is devilishly handsome.

  4. He loves his job.

  5. He does what is best for his community.

  6. He can fly.

  7. He uses his power for good.

  8. He is smart.

  9. He saves lives.

As I have looked over this list I have been able to identify one hero in my life. Let me show you how he compares:


  1. You would risk your life for your family and religion.

  2. You never received a penny for raising me. Well, maybe a tax credit. :)

  3. Everyone knows you’re good looking for an old man. You even still have all your hair.

  4. I can tell you love being a father by the way you treat your kids. It makes me want to become a mother.

  5. Even when I hated the punishments you gave me, deep down I always knew they would help me in the long run.

  6. Although you can’t fly, there was a time in my life when I knew you could do anything. I still believe that.

  7. You hold the priesthood, which you have used in countless callings. Look at how many lives you have changed for good.

  8. All a person has to do is look at your bookcase to tell that you’re smart. It was inevitable that I would be too. :)

  9. You have saved six lives. My siblings and I were lucky enough to be raised in the church because of you and mom. By teaching us how to live our lives righteously, we will be able to live with our Heavenly Father again.

Dad, you are my hero.
I love you.

Ashlee

All the Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment