Thursday, February 11, 2010

Maintaining Status Quo.

Well, I had my weekly doctor's appointment this morning. I was hoping to have progressed just one more step (as in dilated to 4 cm) in order for the doc to send me to the hospital.

But unfortunately I didn't progress at all...so I will not be seeing Jack-Jack today like I was hoping.

No worries, though! After the disappointed feeling left I had a lot to be happy for. Like:

  • My doctor is out of town this whole week. If I was induced today he would not be delivering my baby boy.

  • February 11th would be a weird birth date (no offense to all those who were born today).

  • I'm sleeping great and I currently have a burst of energy. I'm more mobile now than I was a week ago.

  • If Jack is born after Sunday he will be born in the year of the Tiger...same as me (for all you Chinese New Year followers).

  • We have more time to prepare for his arrival. We have all the major bases covered, but it would be nice to get all the little things figured out too.

So really, it's OK that he didn't come today. Besides, he really isn't due until the 20th...so I'll live. I just want him to be happy and healthy (and under 9 lbs!).

In other news, I finished a project for his room on Tuesday. Here are the results:

I fell in love with these wooden frames at Hobby Lobby (my new favorite place!) and thought they would look great in his room. Also, do you recognize the wooden blocks? They are from the photo shoot that Bernadette did for me...seen here. I was trying to figure out some way to display them, but it's kinda hard when you only have white walls to work with (side note: I can't wait to own a house so I can paint the walls!!!!). Anyways, thanks J.D. for giving me the idea and Bernadette for supplying the letters!!

All the Best.

1 comment:

  1. It turned out so cute. :) I'm glad you are still sleeping, as long as you can keep that up there's no reason to rush Jack along.

    ReplyDelete