Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tick Tock...

Bart and I are pretty much counting down the days to when baby Jack will arrive...and it looks like he will arrive sooner than our sidebar countdown leads us to believe.

I had my first weekly appointment today and everything is still dandy. I lost a pound, which the nurse assured me was pretty normal since my appetite is dropping off to prepare for labor. That's fine with me...one less pound to shed when Jack is out. :)

Have I progressed, you ask? According to my nurse I have:

Dilated: 3 cm Effaced: 75%

She thinks a couple of good contractions and I'll be well on my way to the hospital. In fact, if I'm still progressing by my next appointment, my doctor is more than likely going to send me to the hospital to "get the ball rolling" (...but with my luck I will stop progressing this instant and go a week over my due date...).

I found out that Jack-Jack's head is down, which is a huge relief. I was also informed that he will probably be a good 7 - 7.5 lbs if he is born within the next week or so....so cross your fingers. I don't know if my body can handle a bigger baby than that.

So all is well with the Hatch family and baby boy. If you notice a drop off in postings it's probably a sign that our little one is here...or I just got really lazy. :)


All the Best!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are moving along, I am so excited for you!!

    7 to 7.5 lbs is a good size......Tyce was bigger than that and not fun on the body!!

    ReplyDelete